Zyxel 600 Mbps Mini Powerline
Title : Zyxel 600 Mbps Mini Powerline AV2 Gigabit Adapter, Starter Kit – 2 Units (PLA5205KIT)
ASIN : B00D7GF6NA
The ZyXEL PLA5205 600 Mbps Powerline Gigabit Ethernet Adapter Kit provides the simplest and most effective way to expand your home network. Just plug in a couple of PLA5205 and improve your network performance by more than 20% compared to 500Mbps powerline technology, instantly providing more stable multiple-HD media streaming, multiplayer gaming, and other network applications simultaneously throughout your entire home.
- SmartLink Plus ** technology improves performance by helping to avoid common noise sources and even allows Homeplug to work through most power strips
- Plug-and-play design for easy setup and security setup
- QOS Features for enhanced media streaming quality
- Power-saving mode for reduced energy waste
- HomePlug AV2 standard
- Backwards compatible with 500Mbps and 200Mbps powerline adapters
- Includes 2 PLA5205 600Mbps Powerline Adapters
Plug-and-Play and Easy Security Setup
The compact size and versatility of the ZyXEL PLA5205 allow you to transform your home electric lines into wireless networks by simply plugging them in, all without having to block any of your existing power outlets. Data transmission of the PLA5205 is protected by its 128-bit Advanced Encryption Security mechanism that can be configured with the press of a button and without the need for any complicated setup or additional software.
Fast and Stable Media Network
Through its utilization of the latest HomePlug AV2 technology*, the ZyXEL PLA5205 Kit provides speeds of up to 600 Mbps as well as backward compatibility with HomePlug AV and IEEE 1901-based products. Also, the Gigabit Ethernet capabilities of the PLA5205 ensure that it will provide a stable, high-performance network for simultaneous HD streaming, gaming and web browsing in every room of your home.
QOS Feature for Enhanced Media Quality
The advanced Quality of Service (QOS) feature of the ZyXEL PLA5205 enhances the quality of multimedia streaming applications through its superior traffic prioritization capabilities. Whether you are enjoying HD video streaming, VoIP, or just high speed Internet access, the PLA5205 enhances the capabilities of all triple play services.
Save Energy with Power Saving Mode
When there is no active Ethernet link, the ZyXEL PLA5205 automatically enters its power-saving mode, consuming only 0.5 watts of power. This green feature reduces energy consumption by more than 80% compared to adapters without this function and lets you not only help save the environment, but also save money on your electric bill.
* The theoretical maximum channel data transfer rate is derived from HomePlug AV2 specifications. Actual data transfer rate may vary between network environments with different distance, network traffic, and noise on electrical wires, quality of electrical installation and other adverse conditions.
** The SmartLink Plus feature is limited by the ground pin environments with different connectivity, distance, quality of electrical installation and other adverse conditions. Since the CE ground pin usage definition has yet to be clarified, SmartLink Plus is not currently supported on the EU and UK models.
|Powerline Data Rate||200Mbps||500Mbps||500Mbps||600Mbps||600Mbps|
|Homeplug AV Compatible||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Ethernet||1 x Fast||1 x Fast||1 x Gigabit||1 x GbE||1 x GbE|
|Push Button Encryption||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
- The newest HomePlug AV2 standard enables powerline networks with up to 600 Mbps data transfer rates
- SmartLink Plus enhances performance and coverage through multiple-path transmission
- Plug-and-Play design for connecting smart TVs and game consoles
- Compliant with IEEE 1901 and HomePlug AV technology
Category: Powerline Network Adapters
Item Page Detail URL : Click Here for details
Rating : 4.1
Review : These are almost perfect, ALMOST…
I recently installed these in a older 2,500sq ft home. Here’s why…
In the 3 years I have lived in this home, I have tried 3 different (latest technology, $100+) Wifi routers. I have NEVER been able to get a good enough signal throughout my house to stream videos over Netflix to my various TV’s. I’ve tried 2 different Roku players, an apple TV, and even a couple laptops. The Wifi signal is just too weak to watch a movie without constant video lock ups or stutters.
After a year of pondering (and not wanting to waste any more money), I convinced myself to just try these with the faith that Amazon would take them back if they didn’t. I decided on this brand/model because of the reviews.
How I made them finally work:
The first thing you need to do when you get these is pair them together. Long story short, I could not get mine to see each other until I plugged them into the same outlet (via a 3 outlet extension cord).
Here’s how I setup…