Yale Touchscreen Deadbolt with Z-Wave
Title : Yale Touchscreen Deadbolt with Z-Wave in Satin Nickel, Works with Amazon Alexa via SmartThings and Wink (YRD220-ZW-619)
ASIN : B005NLKRAO
Description : Secure your home with this Yale Real Living electronic lock and enjoy the convenience of unlocking and locking your door using the backlit touchscreen keypad; you’ll never have to carry around your keys again. Create unique pin codes for friends and family and remove codes whenever you need to. The lock features Z-Wave and works with most Z-Wave alarm and automation systems including SmartThings and Wink. Lock and check lock status using Amazon Alexa when used with a SmartThings hub and app or Wink hub and app. The lock is Grade 2 certified and backed Yale, one of the world’s best known brands in the lock industry that’s been securing homes since 1846, ensuring that your home and family is always safe.
- Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control (Wink or SmartThings hub required, Alexa device and hub sold separately)
- Replaces existing deadbolt with just a screwdriver. Requires a face bore hole of 2-1/8″, backset of 2-3/8″ or 2-3/4″. Fits on standard doors 1 3/8″ to 2 1/4″ thick
- Create up to 250 unique pin codes to share with family and friends (25 with no controller)
- Unlock by entering your 4-8 digit PIN code on the backlit, touchscreen keypad, with your smart home app (i.e. SmartThings) or using your physical key
- Voted #1 Smart Door Lock brand for 2017 by CEPro
Brand: Yale Security
Item Page Detail URL : Click Here for details
Rating : 4.0
Rating : 445
Review : Bad Customer Service & Abysmal Battery Life – Replaced
I’m updated to change my rating down. I recently had to just give up on the Yale Lock on my front door. 10 days for 4 batteries was just an unacceptable cost. I bought a Schlage instead. I’ve had it 4 months and have not yet had to change the battery. I spoke to Customer Service to see if my model was an older version with a known issue and they were fantastically professional and polite. The Schlage warranty is longer and just based on not being treated like I’m an idiot, I will stick with Schlage and never go back to Yale.
I bought two of these for my front and back door at exactly the same time.
First, the battery life is abysmal. One door has to be changed out every 10 days. This is the door that I use the least. The other door I use multiple times per day the batteries last about 2-3 months. I went to customer support because obviously something was wrong with the first lock. First they said it wasn’t…